- How long does the exam take?
A CT scan requires that you relax and lie still for 10-30 minutes.
- What should I wear?
Wear clothing that is comfortable (i.e. sweat pants, t-shirt, shorts, etc.). It may be necessary for you to change into a patient gown depending on the area being scanned.
- Are there any special preparations/restrictions?
If your exam requires a contrast dye to be used, please don’t eat anything for 3-4 hours prior to the exam.
- May I have a CT scan when I am breast-feeding?
If you have contrast as part of your exam, please suspend nursing for 24 hours after the exam.
- How will I feel after the exam?
In most cases you may resume normal activity immediately.
- Can I take a prescribed medication?
Yes, for any CT exam, you may continue taking your prescribed medication(s), with the exception of glucophage.